Questions (for possible discussion on the podcast)

This forum is for discussion about the G.I. Joe Review podcast, the net's only podcast dedicated to the review of Marvel's G.I. Joe comic series.

Moderator: Sidewinder

Questions (for possible discussion on the podcast)

Postby Sidewinder on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:25 am

Have a burning question for the hosts of the G.I.Joe Review? Post them here. Who knows, we might discuss your question in a future episode.
Sidewinder

Postby Captain Tomorrow on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:29 pm

I was planning on doing a Joe movie with many references to customizers, and wanted to include cameos by Mayor, Ghost, and possibly if Sidewinder has a character. I was just asking for an approval.
GOD BLESSES EVERYONE!
Captain Tomorrow

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Captain Tomorrow wrote:I was planning on doing a Joe movie with many references to customizers, and wanted to include cameos by Mayor, Ghost, and possibly if Sidewinder has a character. I was just asking for an approval.

Cool by me.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Question

Postby Lawn-Viper on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:45 am

Hey guys, I've been enjoying the podcast! Especially liked hearing about the convention in Episode 8, thanks for that.

I have not posted on a GI Joe board before, I usually just lurk. I know you talk about your hunt for the 25th Anniversary Joes on the podcast, and I have been hunting myself. I have noticed the figures packed differently, such as Storm Shadow either doing the splits or lying down at the bottom of the Cobra 5-pack, or Snake-Eyes and Gung-Ho trading places in the Joe 5-pack. The other day I was at the grocery store and they had a Cobra 5-pack with all the wrong figures!!!! It looked like the comic-pack Destro (white-gloved) and original-mold Baroness and Cobra Trooper and owl-spotted original-mold Storm Shadow and the Cobra Commander mold that came with the changeable hood and battle helmet, but this was a permanent battle helmet. Have you guys heard of anything like this? The paint jobs were sloppy and it looked terrible, but now I'm thinking I missed something kinda rare. I'm not one to go into figure-buying just for "investment" so I'm not worried about that, but I was surprised to see the old molds in the new box!

Possibly the demand is so high that someone at the factory in China or wherever had a quota to fill and put the surplus old guys in the packages for the new guys?!? What do you know about this, have you heard anything on the custom forums, etc.? It might make a good quick discussion for the podcasts. I for one would like to know because we all know that knowing is half the battle, y'know?

Keep up the good work!
--ben
Lawn-Viper

Re: Question

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:24 am

Lawn-Viper wrote:Hey guys, I've been enjoying the podcast! Especially liked hearing about the convention in Episode 8, thanks for that.

I have not posted on a GI Joe board before, I usually just lurk. I know you talk about your hunt for the 25th Anniversary Joes on the podcast, and I have been hunting myself. I have noticed the figures packed differently, such as Storm Shadow either doing the splits or lying down at the bottom of the Cobra 5-pack, or Snake-Eyes and Gung-Ho trading places in the Joe 5-pack. The other day I was at the grocery store and they had a Cobra 5-pack with all the wrong figures!!!! It looked like the comic-pack Destro (white-gloved) and original-mold Baroness and Cobra Trooper and owl-spotted original-mold Storm Shadow and the Cobra Commander mold that came with the changeable hood and battle helmet, but this was a permanent battle helmet. Have you guys heard of anything like this? The paint jobs were sloppy and it looked terrible, but now I'm thinking I missed something kinda rare. I'm not one to go into figure-buying just for "investment" so I'm not worried about that, but I was surprised to see the old molds in the new box!

Possibly the demand is so high that someone at the factory in China or wherever had a quota to fill and put the surplus old guys in the packages for the new guys?!? What do you know about this, have you heard anything on the custom forums, etc.? It might make a good quick discussion for the podcasts. I for one would like to know because we all know that knowing is half the battle, y'know?

Keep up the good work!
--ben

Thanks for the post.

The 5-packs have two different variations. The 2nd wave that has SS lying down also does not have holographic/shiny Duke or Cobra Commander on them.

As far as the variant pack with different figures, I have a feeling that someone bought the pack, took what they wanted, replaced them with figures they already had, then took it back. Could that be what happened? The crummy paint job thing is throwing me off though.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Lawn-Viper on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:16 pm

Yeah, I could see someone buying the package and replacing the figures with ones they already had in their collection. Especially because that package is a lot easier to do that with than a blister pack! The paint job on the old version guys was just a sloppier production than the 25th anniversary guys, so it looked bad in comparison.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. That really is probably the best answer to that anomaly.
Lawn-Viper

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Lawn-Viper wrote:Yeah, I could see someone buying the package and replacing the figures with ones they already had in their collection. Especially because that package is a lot easier to do that with than a blister pack! The paint job on the old version guys was just a sloppier production than the 25th anniversary guys, so it looked bad in comparison.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. That really is probably the best answer to that anomaly.

That happened a lot when the line restarterd, especially with army builders. Knowing how retail is, one could probably tape the box shut and remove the figures completely and no one would be the wiser. Hopefully not, though :)
chad_ghost

"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Lawn-Viper on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:12 pm

No kidding, isn't Wal-Mart's return policy to take back just about anything? Haven't been to a Wal-Mart in about 10 years, though, so that liberal policy might have changed.

I sometimes forget how "clever" people can be!
Lawn-Viper

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:30 pm

Lawn-Viper wrote:No kidding, isn't Wal-Mart's return policy to take back just about anything? Haven't been to a Wal-Mart in about 10 years, though, so that liberal policy might have changed.

I sometimes forget how "clever" people can be!

Anymore you have to have a receipt to get cash, otherwise its a gift card. Still, they just ask "Is there anything wrong with it?" and have you sign and go.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

GI Joe World War 3

Postby TravAzz on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Hey guys, I know you said that you are going to be reviewing all the Marvel comics first, but I did have a question.

With the big 12 part World War 3 going on in the current GI Joe comics, because of the anniversary. Would you guys consider reviewing them 3 issues at a time? Possibly a special episode similar to the convention episode?

The only reason I ask is because it's supposed to change the face of GI Joe and be the biggest battle between the Joes and Cobra.

Keep up the great work

Travis
TravAzz

Postby JimmyPSHayes on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:47 pm

Will you guys be touching on any movie news? A couple people have been cast and I'd be interested to hear your opinions.
JimmyPSHayes

Re: GI Joe World War 3

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:57 pm

TravAzz wrote:Hey guys, I know you said that you are going to be reviewing all the Marvel comics first, but I did have a question.

With the big 12 part World War 3 going on in the current GI Joe comics, because of the anniversary. Would you guys consider reviewing them 3 issues at a time? Possibly a special episode similar to the convention episode?

Just trying to focus on the Marvel stuff now. We have a ton ahead of us :)
JimmyPSHayes wrote:Will you guys be touching on any movie news? A couple people have been cast and I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

That's a great idea. We will get to it next podcast.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: Questions (for possible discussion on the podcast)

Postby Boomslang on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 am

Hello Christopher, Mat and Chad. As with everyone else I love the Podcast but enjoy it all the way from Cape Town, South Africa. I have two toy-related queries. Firstly is no-one bugged by the 25thA Snake-Eyes version 1 webgear having a sidearm holstered on the left? That webgear is reused countless times, most recently for the 'Greenshirts' pack as far as I can tell. Does this mean that a large number of Joes, including Hawk, Breaker and Stalker are left-handed? In all the Snake-Eyes media I've trawled through Snake-Eyes fires with his right.

Second question: We all buy them. Some of us customise them and/or photograph them, others play out role-playing games online about them but does anyone actually play with their toys? And be honest!
Boomslang

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Boomslang wrote:Hello Christopher, Mat and Chad. As with everyone else I love the Podcast but enjoy it all the way from Cape Town, South Africa. I have two toy-related queries. Firstly is no-one bugged by the 25thA Snake-Eyes version 1 webgear having a sidearm holstered on the left? That webgear is reused countless times, most recently for the 'Greenshirts' pack as far as I can tell. Does this mean that a large number of Joes, including Hawk, Breaker and Stalker are left-handed? In all the Snake-Eyes media I've trawled through Snake-Eyes fires with his right.

Second question: We all buy them. Some of us customise them and/or photograph them, others play out role-playing games online about them but does anyone actually play with their toys? And be honest!

Thanks for the post! I have a friend of mine that has been to Cape Town a few times working with HCJB (don't ask me what it stands for).

I'd say that the webgear is made that way so it won't hit the knife on the right thigh, but that's just my solution :)

As far as playing with the figures, I've been known to make mine talk sometimes for fun, but no actual playing here in years.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:04 am

Christopher, Chad, and Matt!

How are the Commander and Chiefs of the G.I. Joe Review doing today? I have a couple of questions for the three of you. There has been a good bit of information coming out about the upcoming IDW Joe Comic and I was wondering if you would be discussing any of this on an upcoming Review? I know you did a special Review in May when the license was awarded to IDW...I am just curious if you have plans on devoting maybe 10 minutes or so of an upcoming Review to it.
Also, have you considered having a G.I. Joe Review "Convention", if you will, just a get together of fans of the show to meet? Just a thought.
Keep up the great work and I can't wait for the next Review!

Yo Joe!
Dave Lowe (aka Destro's Elite)
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Next

Return to G.I. Joe Review