questions not answered?

This forum is for discussion about the G.I. Joe Review podcast, the net's only podcast dedicated to the review of Marvel's G.I. Joe comic series.

Moderator: Sidewinder

questions not answered?

Postby Alucard on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 am

I wrote into the boys via the email I heard from the podcast. I had never gotten an answer at all. Not even a we will get back to you soon as we can, we are swamped. or anything. So I guess I had to come to the forums to finish my research.

my question to the guys of the cast was which Marvel Comics issues was the Cobra Civil War? I am asking this because I am doing research for a Sourcebook for Cobra, for a roleplaying game. Can anyone here direct me to the issues I need to look for?

thanks.
Alucard

Re: questions not answered?

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 am

I'm sure the guys at G.I. Joe Review meant no disrespect to you. They are busy and I know that Chad is out of the country at this time on a mission trip. But to answer your question...

The Cobra Civil War takes place in Marvel issues 73-77. However, in issue 72 Serpentor is beginning to plan his take over of Cobra from Cobra Commander (Fred VII posing at CC). The Cobra Civil War is actually my favorite story in the entire run. I wish Hama could have added another issue or two to the story, but it is awesome! I'm not sure if you are aware, but yojoe.com has an AWESOME section dedicated to all the G.I. Joe comics, complete with covers and summaries of each issue. Another wonderful tool that I use is the book Now You Know: The Unauthorized Guide to G.I. Joe TV & Comics by Lars Pearson. It also gives great summaries of each episode and issue, breaking it down to which characters were in each issue/episode, etc.

Hope this helps and welcome to the board! Take a look around! I think you will enjoy it! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Alucard on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:24 am

thank for answering. Well then that explains why I got no answer if Chad is out of the country on a mission....?

I actually have access to all the Marvel comics of GI JOE, my friend owns a comicbook store, and he has all the GI JOE Marvel comics on CD... how he got this, I have no clue, but its cool, I started reading some of them on the computer at his shop.... brought back some good memories of when I was kid, with my weekly allounce to buy comics, and then rushing home to catch up on the latest Joe news.

I have every episode on DVD, including the very weird DIC seasons where they changed alot of the voices, and the drawing quality was umm not up to par. But its joe, and I love them lol

Sadly, my entire collection of GI Joe's from the 80's had been thrown out by my Mother when I moved out...*cry*
Alucard

Postby Sidewinder on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Alucard - Sorry we didn't reply sooner. Each of us have been out of town off and on the last little bit (other than Mayor, who didn't have the email information). Anyway, thanks for the email.

destros_elite had all of the information. A great story and some fantastic comic reading.

Also, I will echo that Lar's book is a good companion. I met Lars years ago in Chicago (before his Joe book was released). I had a good time talking to him about Transformers, Joe, and the like.
Sidewinder

Return to G.I. Joe Review