G.I.Joe Review Episode 016 is now available

This forum is for discussion about the G.I. Joe Review podcast, the net's only podcast dedicated to the review of Marvel's G.I. Joe comic series.

Moderator: Sidewinder

G.I.Joe Review Episode 016 is now available

Postby Sidewinder on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:01 pm

G.I.Joe Review Episode 016

(1:31:11) The guys discuss the 2008 G.I.Joe Collector's Club Convention

You can direct download Episode 016 at: http://media.libsyn.com/media/gijoerevi ... iew016.mp3

We're on iTunes. Our direct link is: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =259720874 If you are non-iTunes, our rss feed is: http://gijoereview.libsyn.com/rss

Our email address is: GIJoeReview@gmail.com

You will be able to find our achieves at: http://gijoereview.libsyn.com/

Discuss this episode at http://gijoereview.army4one.com

Also, feel free to vote and leave some comments for us on PodCast Alley at: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_det ... d_id=49736

Enjoy!
Sidewinder

Re: G.I.Joe Review Episode 016 is now available

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Sidewinder,
You just made my weekend!

Have a safe, fun 4th!
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby JustinCredible on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:20 pm

hey guys. Still haven't missed a show. keep them coming.

the way i see the Headhunters are the same way i see Destro's Iron Grenadiers and Cesspool's Toxo team. all of them seem to have their own identities from Cobra. they all have their ties, but they're all their own entities.

Here's the new character exclusives that we've gotten since the 2002 convention
2002: none
2003: Black Dragon, Black Dragon Tropper, Swamp Viper, Air Viper
2004: Dreadhead Billy-Bob, Dreadhead Cletus, Dreadhead Joe-Bob, Dreadhead Otis, Dreadhead Roscoe, Dreadhead Vance, Dreadnok Crusher, Dreadnok Demolishor
2005: General Mayhem, Iron Anvil Trooper, Steel Brigade Commander, Steel Brigade Paratrooper
2006:Cobra Mortal, COIL Trooper, Skull Squad Trooper
2007: G.I. Joe Doc (female), Lt. Clay Moore, Rowdy Roddy Piper
2008: Shockblast (eventhough he's shockwave he has a new name), Hotwire

i'm not 100% happy with the new wave. i love the mutt & junkyard!! the bazooka trooper and the para-viper aren't really my favs. i love tiger force, so i'll be getting another duke. the Wraith looks excellent, i've been waiting for this for a long time!! unfortunately he's not alive anymore, but it definately works in my collection. croc master i'm happy with, but i think hasbro could've brought someone from the original series or someone else we haven't gotten yet.

i'm really looking foward to everything coming out. i buy everything 25th has to offer, so even if it's a repaint or just something i don't really like i get it and put it my collection. finally we're getting a Falcon, Dusty, Nemesis Immortal (Enforcer), Skyduster (Starduster), Iron Grenadiers, Quick Kick (r.i.p.), the Green Shirts, Cutter, Deep Six, amongst many other characters we either haven't seen ever or have been awaiting to see in the 25th molds.

i'm hoping to see this continue with the rest of the joe universe.

The artic pack would've been so much better if we would've gotten the GI Joe the Movie Cobra Commander, but can't knit pick too much.

That's hilarious that ddp is picking up the Corps. lol. i can only imagine what they're going to do.

thanx for another great show.
JustinCredible

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:55 pm

Sidewinder,
If you hear anything more on the new cartoon that was shown at the Con, please pass it along. It sounds awesome! Also, was the Iron Grenadier set you mentioned a con exclusive or will it be available to the general public. Great show! Keep up the great work! Oh, I almost forgot. I know there's the copyright and license thing, but have you all thought about putting out any G.I. Joe Review gear (T-Shirts, hats, stickers, etc.)? If so, I'll be your first customer! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Sidewinder on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:20 pm

destros_elite wrote:Sidewinder,
If you hear anything more on the new cartoon that was shown at the Con, please pass it along. It sounds awesome! Also, was the Iron Grenadier set you mentioned a con exclusive or will it be available to the general public. Great show! Keep up the great work! Oh, I almost forgot. I know there's the copyright and license thing, but have you all thought about putting out any G.I. Joe Review gear (T-Shirts, hats, stickers, etc.)? If so, I'll be your first customer! :D

The 25th Anniversery style Iron Grenadier pack is a Toys R Us Exclusive, I think. Matthew would know for sure.

We haven't really given any thought to G.I.Joe Review gear. Maybe sometime in the future.
Sidewinder

Postby Matthew on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:44 am

yep, the IG 3-pack will be a TRU exclusives. Never thought about doing shirts and stuff. May have to play around with it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby JustinCredible on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:26 pm

i know i'd pick up a shirt or two and maybe a hat if you all had some gear. I'm sure destros_elite and i aren't the only ones.

it's awesome that we're getting a chance to build our iron grenadier army in more than one way. i'm hoping hasbro adds another pack of the rest of destros troops or part of his hiarchy. such as:

Metal Head, Darklon (r.i.p.), Voltar (r.i.p.), General Mayhem, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Iron Anvils, TARGATs, Annihilators, Nullifiers, Undertows, Ferrets, and my least favorite drvier Wild Boar.

and throw in the vehicles:
A.G.P.s, Destro's Despoiler, D.E.M.O.N.s, Darklon's Evader, Destor's Dominator, Iron Mechs and my least favorite the Razorback.

destro's army outweighs the cobra army ten fold, and it's been seen many times! But i'd love to have all of his army in 25th molds, but at least we get the two that began it all.
JustinCredible

Return to G.I. Joe Review