Job applications

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Job applications

Postby RevSears on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:53 am

Hey everyone. I'd like you to say a quick prayer for me. I just finished one of my intensive 8 week classes. I'm down to a manipulable load w/ school and if put in for a couple of Jobs. The first one is a substitute teaching position, the only thing i'm waiting on is for them to get a hold of one of my past supervisors and it sounds like a go. I also put in for work at a youth detention facility. I'd be happy with either one, but I'd really like the 2nd one (something for the summer too) applications always make me nervous, especially since last summers total failure everywhere i applied.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Job applications

Postby RevSears on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

just thought i'd add to this. I've been having lots of problems with my college while i've been there. I've just been told (after asking where some of my credits disappeared to) that only 34 of my 70 credits transferred. (nice to know a year later right?) I admit i should have been more diligent in checking but There were no online means to check, and no clear person to contact in that regard. Even my teacher didn't know last semester ! There are several other communication/technical issues plaguing the school, and i really feel like i've reached the breaking point with this. The Audit they have now to let you see your classes, is no where linked on the mainsite, and i've been told isn't accurate. So i'm not even sure what classes transferred!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 pm

little update:
It seems the problem from the school boils down to this. When I enrolled i was misinformed about certain classes being a requirement. I was told classes worship Music, effective evangelism, mission ( a total of about 10 classes) were only required if i was taking their specific "routes" (think major) but apparently regardless of what you take, you know have to take all "route" classes even if they are not in area of study. I was expecting to only take 2 (teaching prep and delivery) This adds a list a year of requirements, and wipes out more of my credits that would have been electives.

I really feel it ultimately wasn't an intentional misleading, but I would really like to have a few taped phone conversations when i first signed up!
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey Rev, wanted you to know that this hasn't gone unread. Said a prayer for you. Transferring is crazy. You can get lucky or screwed. Chuck Norris on here has an amazing story of God's sovereignty when it comes to school, credits, transfer, etc. He started in Nursing, then to Respiratory Therapy, then to something else, and with God's grace got into PT school. He said that there were a lot of classes that probably shouldn't have counted the way they did, but his advisor credited them.

You are right, too bad you didn't tape the conversations. Too bad you don't have hard copy of things signed that you can use to plead your case. I've found out that if you aren't sure on something, make sure you have enough signatures and proof so it doesn't come back to bite :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Darko on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:40 am

You have my sympathies. Transferring, and dealing with colleges in general, is an absolute nightmare. I've taken classes at four different institutions (one state school, two community colleges, one private school) and with none of them has the process been entirely smooth. My wife has a friend who went to state school starting in 2001 (same as my wife and me) to become a teacher (usually a 4 year program) she made the mistake of transferring to another state school (same state, too, just different side) after her first year. Due to a series of colossal, cascading mistakes, miscommunications, and misfortunes, she is *just* now getting her teaching certificate (...and, actually, it will be another few months), despite having been going to classes continuously. Nine years to get a four year degree because of bureaucratic garbage. Stay strong in Christ and plow on through. Also, from my experience, it helps to bug the crap out of them. That old adage about the squeaky wheel getting the grease? It's especially true of colleges. The first college I went to rejected me initially, saying that I had not sent them my HS transcript and that it was now too late, despite the fact that my high school and I both had records of it being sent. They weren't going to budge (much less admit that they had lost it), but near-daily calls eventually got them to relent.

....of course, I ended up transferring to a much better school later.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby RevSears on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks guys. The reason i even ended up at the school was, when I tried to go to a state school, i ended up having to go to a dean to even try to register for classes because i couldn't even get advisers to show up at meetings, or answer phone calls. So this isn't my first bout with a college. I was just naive thinking a "christian, Bible" college would be more honest and simple. Some of it's dishonesty but there certainly is laziness involved. One of my 16 weeks courses is 7 weeks in, and only 3 weeks worth of classes have been loaded... ??? Not to much conflicting directions on different parts of the websites and class sections.

Thanks for the prayers. Darko your right, i just need to plow on, changing colleges could only lead to further problems. and Matt, in the future i will have some more paper to back me up, cause i'm demanding it now.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 am

... the school moved up one of my 8 week classes w/o telling me... and i've not heard anything from my applications... this is not my day.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:49 pm

:?
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Praying for you, Brother.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks guys.

Interview today for one job! YAY!

i'm working hard to catch up in my class and i think i'm going to catch up... at some point :)
RevSears

Postby BigH09 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:50 am

Keep praying for us please. Sam has been really sick lately, and we have been looking to buy a car. Our land lord needs his car that we have been renting back now, so we have to buy a car. We know someone that might have a lead on a car, but we don't know how much it will be. Please pray that we may be able to afford it, or get some sort of financing on it.
We also have inside help with one of Sam's possible jobs, so please pray that he can keep an eye on Sam's application process. I really hope that he gets the job!
Thank you!
BigH09

Postby Matthew on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks for the update!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Things still going well at your job, Rev? Praying for you and your wife... :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Prayers & Praise